1) Aurora Borealis – The beautiful colors light up the sky as this natural wonder comes out each winter as temperatures drop and the sunlight wanes. At the Alpine Lodge, our staff will even wake you when the lights are out so you can rest assured you won’t miss them. There are many tours available for viewing, our friendly staff can help you get one set up.
2) Santa Claus House – Located in the North Pole, a short 20 minute drive from Fairbanks. Be sure to bring your camera to take photos with the real Santa and meet his reindeer. Enjoy a cup of hot cocoa or some fudge at the cafe and mosey around the gift shop in search for the perfect ornament!
3) University of Alaska Museum of the North – The museum is open year round and offers a little something for everyone. From Alaska history to natural wonders to world class art. The museum recommends about 3 hours to explore everything.
4) Chena Hot Springs – Located 60 scenic miles from Fairbanks, Chena Hot Springs is open year round. Founded over 100 years ago, the hot springs is world famous for it’s legendary healing mineral waters. Enjoy the nature outdoor hot springs lake, outdoor hot tub or indoor family swimming pool. You may even catch a glimpse of the Aurora Borealis!
5) Aurora Ice Museum – Located at the Chena Hot Springs, the museum is built of 1,000 tons of ice! The museum features ice sculptures, igloo and observation tower. Relax in the ice bar and enjoy a signature appletini served in a ice martini glass!
6) Fountain Head Auto Museum – The collection includes over 80 rare automobiles and the Territory of Alaska’s first car! Visit the northernmost automobile collection in America!